Building Permit & Inspections
The Village has a contract with the Regional District Okanagan Similkameen for the provision of Building Inspection services. Inspectors are in the Village Office on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm. Please contact the Village Office to arrange for an appointment or to request an on-site inspection.
Application for Building Permits can be made at the Village Office. Depending on the complexity of the application, initial plan checking takes approximately two weeks for a single family dwelling and four weeks for commercial, industrial and multi-family buildings.
Building Permits are required for:
- the design and construction of a new building
- the change in occupancy of any building
- an alteration of any building, structural or non-structural
- an addition to any building
- the demolition of any building
- the reconstruction of any building, or portion thereof, that has been damaged
- the correction of an unsafe condition in or about any building
- all parts of any building affected by a change in occupancy
- the alteration, rehabilitation and change of occupancy of heritage buildings
- construction or alterations of all accessory buildings 10 m2 (108 square feet) and larger
- placement of buildings and structures
- construction of retaining walls greater than 1.5 m in height
- construction of swimming pools
- installation of building canopies, marquees and awnings (only if supported by columns and footings)
- installation of solid fuel burning appliances and chimneys
- installation of commercial cooking equipment
- patios greater than 2 feet from finished grade
Permit fees vary according to the cost of development.
After a building permit is issued several site inspections are required (drain tile & damp proofing, slab & poly, framing & sheathing, and insulation) prior to final approval and the issuance of an occupancy permit.
Approved Plans are required on-site for all inspections. Civic address must be posted at the site.
Every owner shall give at least twenty-four (24) hours notice to staff when requesting an inspection. Building Official's acceptance of the above noted work is required prior to concealing it. When a Registered Professional provides letters of assurance on a project, field reviews shall be on-site for the Building Official at time of inspection.
Hi. No text will appear in this location. Instead, you will see the glorious wave that spans the width of the entire site. If you delete or hide this block, you will see the two background colors collide on a hard edge where this wave used to be.
- Building Permit & Inspections
- Business Licence
- Dog Licences
- Garbage & Recycling
- Planning & Development
- Property Taxes
- Public Works
- Facade Program
- Bid Opportunity
- Notification System Signup