You are hereHome ›
Notice of Landfill Tipping Fee Changes Effective May 1st, 2017
As of May 1st, 2017, modified tipping fees and regulations will be applied at all Regional District operated landfills including the Keremeos Residential Transfer Station.
Key Changes Include:
- REFUSE - the charge for Refuse has increased from $95 per Metric Tonne (MT) to $110/MT.
- WOOD WASTE, YARD WASTE & CONTAMINATED WOOD WASTE - the charge for Wood Waste, Yard Waste & Contaminated Wood Waste has increased and the amount received free has been decreased. The first 100 kg will be free and $60/MT for the portion above 100 kg per load.
- SMALL DIMENSION WHITE WOOD (KILN DRIED) - Formerly defined as PROCESSED (White Wood) ORGANICS has increased from Free to $200/MT with a $50 minimum.
- ASPHALT SHINGLES, TAR AND GRAVEL ROOFING (SOURCE SEPARATED) - The charge for Asphalt Shingles Tar and Gravel Roofing (Source Separated) has increased from $50/MT to $60/MT
- METAL - the charge for Metal has increased from $50/MT to $60/MT for any weights greater than 500 kg
- OVERSIZE TIRES - the charge for Oversize Tires has increased from $400/MT to $500/MT
- MANIFESTED ASBESTOS CONTAINING MATERIALS (ACM) - The charge for Manifested ACM has decreased from $200/MT to Free if deposited in the Designated Location accompanied by the proper documentation.
- TIRES with Rims - the charge per unit for Tires with Rims has increased from $2/Unit to $3/Unit. (A maximum of ten per customer per day will be accepted).
- Mattress & Box Spring - the charge per Mattress & Box Spring Unit has increased from $7.50/Unit to $10/Unit.
- CONTAMINATED SOIL - the charge for Contaminated Soil has increased from $20/MT to $25/MT.
At the Keremeos Waste Transfer Station, DEPOSIT of PROHIBITED WASTE including but not limited to ASBESTOS CONTAINING MATERIALS, FRUIT WASTE, DEMOLITION RENOVATION AND CONSTRUCTION MIXED LOAD, LEAD PAINTED MATERIALS and BURNED MATERIALS is not authorized for DISPOSAL.
Any REFUSE that is DEPOSITED at the ACTIVE FACE or the REFUSE BINS, with the exception of DEMOLITION AND RENOVATION MIXED LOAD and CONSTRUCTION MIXED LOAD, that contains CONTROLLED WASTE or RECYCLABLE WASTE shall be charged two times the rate for REFUSE, or two times the highest rate for any material contained in the load, whichever is greater. Minimum $20.00 charge.
Any SOLID WASTE load that is DEPOSITED in a designated stockpile area, and that contains CONTAMINANTS or does not meet RECYCLABLE specifications shall be charged three times the rate for REFUSE, or three times the highest rate for any material contained in the load, whichever is greater.
BEST PRACTICES FOR DELIVERY OF MATERIALS TO REGIONAL DISTRICT LANDFILLS:
- Please remain aware that all demolitions must have a Pre-Demolition Hazard Assessment prior to demolition and that all identified Hazardous Materials must be removed and properly disposed of prior to transport to the Landfill. Please see the RDOS Waste Disposal Application for more details.
- ASSESSED DEMOLITION AND RENOVATION MIXED LOAD may be deposited at the Okanagan Falls Demolition Sorting Facility for $200/MT and the NON-ASSESSED DEMOLITION AND RENOVATION MIXED LOAD for $500/MT.
- At Campbell Mountain and Oliver Landfills the ASSESSED DEMOLITION AND RENOVATION MIXED LOAD is assessed at $500/MT and the NON-ASSESSED DEMOLITION AND RENOVATION MIXED LOAD is assessed at $700/MT.
DECONSTRUCTION and SOURCE SEPARATION
- Deconstruction and Sorting of materials is encouraged at all sites. When clean non-contaminated materials are deposited in designated areas the assessed fees are:
- Metal - first 500 kg Free and $60/MT over 500 kg.
- Wood-Waste/Yard-Waste - first 100 kg Free and $60/MT over 100 kg.
- Asphalt Shingles - $60/MT
- Tar & Gravel Roofing - $60/MT
- Gypsum - $95/MT
Please be aware of these rate changes and if you have any questions, please contact Don Hamilton, Solid Waste Facilities Supervisor at (250) 492-2913 or email email@example.com for further information.
Hi. No text will appear in this location. Instead, you will see the glorious wave that spans the width of the entire site. If you delete or hide this block, you will see the two background colors collide on a hard edge where this wave used to be.
- Building Permit & Inspections
- Business Licence
- Dog Licences
- Garbage & Recycling
- Planning & Development
- Property Taxes
- Public Works
- Facade Program
- Bid Opportunity
- Notification System Signup